WHEATON, IL. December 8, 2014 –RiverStar signed a contract with Michigan 2-1-1, Lansing, Michigan. Michigan 2-1-1 is an organization that provides free, confidential service that connects residents with local community-based organizations across the state, offering thousands of different programs and services for people seeking answers. In 2014, more than half a million Michigan residents turned to 2-1-1 for health and human service information and referrals, and the numbers continue to grow. 2-1-1 has information on more than 30,000 different programs and services across the state.
The Michigan 2-1-1 – RiverStar team has collaborated to implement an evolving, comprehensive solution for Michigan 2-1-1 that manages the interactions between Michigan 2-1-1 and the residents seeking assistance. The solution is built using RiverStar Studio, a platform used to rapidly create web applications using a graphical drag and drop interface that doesn’t require traditional programming. The solution is centered on the RiverStar Unified Agent Desktop that is tightly integrated with the Michigan 2-1-1 contact center platform provided by inContact.
For Michigan 2-1-1, the RiverStar Unified Agent Desktop, built using RiverStar Studio, has been configured to initially provide a scheduling application for the agents to use to schedule appointments with tax counselors to help residents with their taxes. It will then be extended to integrate with the Refer reference information platform that is used by Michigan 2-1-1 to quickly pull information needed to assist residents with their specific issues.
RiverStar supports key business activities through:
- Embedded call control in the desktop for telephony, inbound email handling, chat and SMS
- Process based workflows within the desktop,
- Searchable, data-driven reference information, e.g., FAQs, Reference Documents, Reference Links
- Rapid integration with enterprise systems, e.g., Refer, embedded in the workflows
- Business process management functionality to manage customer facing business processes
The solution provides a wide range of functionality for a group of 8 different 2-1-1 organizations across the state to support interactions with the residents, such as:
- RiverStar Unified Agent Desktop
- Activity scheduling, planning, tracking, escalation, and management
- Inbound customer service
- Outbound customer service
- Inbound email handling
- Outbound email campaigns and surveys
- Contact management
- Case management
- Contact history
This solution has become the focus for all interactions with the residents